Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The San Francisco Giants and Me

Went to the SF Giants World Series Champion's Parade in the City today. So many people having a good time cheering for their team. I took Chloe with me, and we had a great time. Glad we had the chance to celebrate. I've been a Giants fan since 1997 or so, when we moved to Humboldt County from San Diego.
It's good to be a fan right now, but really Giant's fans have much to be thankful for. We're all pretty lucky here in the Bay Area. The parade really brought that home. I'm thankful, too. Thankful to have a great family, thankful to have friends, thankful that I can do what I am able, and thankful that I can overcome things that I thought I couldn't.
Like the San Francisco Giants, I've kept trying. Sometimes I get down on myself, but I just try to remember to never give up. Some days get tedious being a stay at home dad, but I try to keep my eye on the prize. In my case it's guiding my kids to do what matters to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment